THE THREE HANDS EXPERIENCE
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a part of the revolutionary Three Hands Fish commercial fishing business? Now you can. This is not just pretending. It’s the real deal. Experience it all in just one day.
Here's how it works...
The On-Board Experience:
The day begins just outside of our Three Hands Fish market aboard a docked Florida Keys commercial fishing boat with our first “hand”, a THF Captain.
You’ll learn about:
- Sustainable fishing methods adopted by local THF Florida Keys commercial fishermen.
- How various local Florida Keys species are caught and then tracked.
- Methods for dropping and pulling stone crab and spiny lobster traps.
- What THF fishermen do above and beyond other fisherman to preserve THF freshness and flavor.
- The Florida Keys ecology and why it’s a habitat for such a diverse and eclectic range of species.
This is a hands-on experience where you learn just what it takes to be a Three Hands Fish commercial fisherman!
For those interested in fishing for local Florida Keys seafood, an upgrade option is available that supplements the above onboard experience with a 1/2 day, 3/4 day, or full day charter.
The Market Experience:
You and your THF fisherman will deliver the day’s fresh catch to the Three Hands Fish market on the dock next to The Stoned Crab restaurant that Zagat rated, “One of the hottest restaurants in Key West”. When you enter the market, you’ll meet our second “hand”, a THF Fillet Master.
They’ll teach you:
- How they look after THF seafood to ensure that the quality and freshness does not degrade like it does in conventional processing plants. It’s a lot more than putting it on ice!
- How to process hauls of fresh stone crab claws and lobster, once it's delivered by our first hand.
- How to properly debone and fillet your favorite fish! Once filleted, you will hand deliver the fish to The Stoned Crab restaurant’s Executive Chef Paul Menta.
The Chef Experience:
The Three Hands Experience concludes with a four course prix-fixe dinner at The Stoned Crab, personally prepared for you by our award-winning Chef Paul. Every course will be accompanied by chef’s selected sustainable and biodynamic wines or beers.
The biggest lesson you will learn all day happens here. All the extra trouble THF commercial fishermen, Filet Masters and Chefs go through makes every mouthful worth it. There’s never, ever been fresher seafood. Now you are spoiled forever after.
To inquire about pricing and to book your Three Hands Experience, either call Ibis Bay Resort at (305) 296-1043 or fill out the below form and an Ibis Bay team member will get back to you ASAP!